Navratri Recipes Special 2016: On the occasion of Navratri everyone welcome Maa Durga, it is one of the biggest festivals in India. Navratri is the period of Fasting many people’s fast all nine days and some people’s fast only on seven days. The fast is broken with special recipes offered to Goddess Durga. On this fasting period, peoples make different kinds of special foods, without using Onion, garlic. All nine days people preparing delicious and many kinds of food for goddess Durga and they using only some spices like Red chillies, turmeric, cumin seeds, Sendha Namak(Rock Salt). So guys here we show you some Simple and delicious Recipes of Navratri Special food you can read from here and make at your home.
First, we know which kind of Bhog to offering the Goddess Durga:
During this day of Navratri Festival, we all offered the different kinds of food every day to the Nine Goddess.
- On the first day, we are offered Pure Ghee on the foot of Maa Shailputri.
- On the second day offered the Sugar to Goddess Brahmacharini.
- On the third day offered Milk, sweets, kheer to Goddess Mata Chandraghanta.
- On the fourth day offered Malpua to Goddess Mata Kushmanda.
- On the fifth day offered Banana to Goddess Mata Skandmata.
- On the sixth Day offered honey to Goddess Maa Katyayani.
- On Seventh-day offered Jaggery to Goddess Mata Kaalratri.
- On Eight day offered Coconut to Goddess Mata Mahagauri.
- On nine-day offered till to Goddess Siddhidatri.
Navratri Food Recipes 2016
Chironji ki dal
- 1 cup Chironji (Shoaked in water 2 hours)
- 2 table spoon ghee
- 1 tbp cumin seeds
- 2-3 cardamoms
- 4 pepercorns
- 1 Tbsp ginger-chopped fine
- 2 green chillies-slit
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp rock salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp yoghurt
- 1/2 ghiya, chopped (optional)
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Rub the chironji seeds to remove the husk, discard the husk.
- Then you have to Grind or blend half into a paste. Heat ghee, add cumin, cardamoms and peppercorns. Saute a little, add the ginger.
- When the ginger browns a little, (If you are using ghiya first add the ghiya and saute) add the yogurt a little at a time, stirring well to avoid scorching. When the oil separates, add coriander, salt, chilly powder and green chillies.
Saute further, add the chironji and turn around to mix well. Add enough water to come up to about 2 cm above the mixture and bring to a boil.
- Simmer till the chironji is cooked through. Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
Navratri Special Recipes
Vrat k aloo
- 3 medium size Boiled Potatoes (Aloo)
- 1 Green chilly slit long
- 1 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder(Haldi)
- 1/2 tsp Whole Coriander Seeds(Sabut Dhania)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder (Lal mirch)
- 1/2 tsp Sendha namak (To Taste)
- 1 tblsp full Green Coriander Chopped
- 1 tblsp Oil
- How to make vrat ke aloo :
- Chop the boiled potatoes into cubes
- Pound the whole coriander seeds coarsely.
- Now heat oil in a kadai and put the jeera. Add the green chilly. Keep a tablespoon of water ready. Once the jeera sputters put turmeric powder, crushed whole coriander seeds, and red chilly powder. Immediately pour the tablespoon water or the red chilly powder will burn.
- Stir it till all the water gets evaporated and then add salt and chopped potatoes. Mix well so that all the potatoes are coated well with this masala.
- Roast it for 2 -3 minutes on low flame till a nice shine comes on the potatoes.
- Then sprinkle the chopped green coriander.
- Vrat ke jeera aloo is ready. It can be served with kuttu ki puri or kuttu ka paratha.
Recipes for Navratri Fast
sabudane ki puri
- 1 cup wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 cup refined flour (maida)
- 1/2 cup pea seeds (matar)
- 1/2 cup sago (saboodana)
- 1 green chilly (hari mirch)
- 1 tsp salt (namak)
- 1 tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
- 1/4 tsp asafetida (hing)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- clarified butter (ghee) for frying
How to make sabudane puri :
- Soak sabudane for an hour.
- Boil pea and then mash them.
- Finely chop hari mirch.
- Mix atta and maida along with salt and 1 tbsp oil.
- Knead into dough and leave it covered for 1/2 an hour.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan and fry hing, lal mirch, dhania, 1/2 tsp namak, hari mirch, matar and sabudana for 1-2 minutes until water dries up.
- Remove it from the flame and let it cool.
- Make small balls of the dough and roll each into small chapatti.
- Stuff these with the above mixture and again roll into thin and small puri.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Fry each puri in ghee.
- When cooked on one side turn it and cook on the other side also until it turns light brown.
- Serve them hot.
Navratri Recipes for Fast
Lauki ki Barfi
- 1/2 kg Lauki (Bottlegourd)
- 100 gms Sugar
- 50 gms ghee (clarified butter)
- 100 gms khoya
- 50 gms milk powder
- 2 green cardamoms (powdered)
- 10 – 12 almonds (Badam)
- 1/2 sheet waraq (Silver sheet) (optional)
How to make lauki ki barfi with khoya:
- Peel the lauki and remove all the big seeds and then grate the lauki using medium size grater.
- Press gently and squeeze out all the extra water from the lauki otherwise the cooking time will increase.
- Now heat half the ghee in a heavy bottom kadai and put the grated lauki in it.
- On a medium flame stir fry it till all the mositure evaporates and the lauki gets slightly roasted.
- Now add sugar and on a high flame fry it till all the water evaporates. Keep stirring constantly or the mixture might burn.
- Add dry milk powder and mix well. Also add grated khoya in it.
- Cook it for 2 to 3 minutes and then add the remaining ghee. Also add cardamom powder.
- Roast it further for 5 minutes or till nice sweet aroma is released.
- Now take a small lump of the mixture and place it on a plate and see if the mixture is retaining its shape. If it is still flowing then raost the mixture further and then repeat the process.
- Once the mixture is ready grease a square tray or plate and line it with a silver foil. Pour the mixture on it and smooth it out.
- Sprinkle finely chopped almonds on it. if you have waraq smudge some of the waraq at regular some intervals.
- Let it cool for 1 hour to set.
- Later cut desired shapes – triangular or square.
- Your lauki ki burfi is ready. This burfi is ideal for vrats and fasts.
Recipes of Navratri food
kuttu aloo pakore
- 1 cup kuttu ka atta (buckwheat up flour)
- 1/4 cup finely cut coriander leaves
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper powder
- ghee or vegetable oil for frying
- 3 medium sized potatoes (boiled whole till half-cooked)
- 1/2 tsp sendha namak (rock salt) or to taste
How to make kuttu aloo pakora :
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper and coriander in round dish and mix well.
- Mix in water and cream into a smooth batter.
- Cream the batter until it is of cream consistency.
- Cover and keep aside for about 20 minutes.
- When the potatoes are cool enough, take off and slice each one into diagonal slices.
- Heat up enough ghee or oil for deep-frying in a kadhai over moderate heat.
- Put few slices of potato into the batter and cover them completely.
- One at a time, lower each slice of batter-coated potato into the hot oil.
- Fry as many slices as will float on the surface of the oil without touching.
- Fry on both sides until reddish gray and crisp.
- Serve hot as the fitters soften as they cool
Navratri Dishes Recipes 2016
Kuttu Ka Halwa
- 500 gm hare singhade (fresh water caltrop)
- 125 gm sugar
- 100 gm thickened milk (mawa)
- 1 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 cup milk (doodh)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder (elaichi)
- 5-6 cashew nut (kaju)
- 5-6 almond (badam)
- few drops of yellow colour (peela rang)
How to make kuttu ka halwa:
- Peel singhade and grate them.
- Fry singhade in a pan with ghee.
- Grate thickened milk and add to the above until it becomes light brown.
- Boil milk, sugar and 1 cup milk in a container.
- Add thickened milk and stir continuously until it thickens.
- Then add 2-3 drops of colour and remove it from the flame.
- Garnish with cardamom powder and finely chopped almond and cashew nuts and serve hot.
Note: This webpage is completely dedicated to the Navratri Recipes 2016. If you like this post and want to visit here again then you can bookmark this page to get latest Navratri Recipes 2016.